Monday, February 15, 2010

Flower Obsession...

I never really thought I was a big fan of flowers...  I received them at every performance since I was 3, maybe I just didn't take them all in for what they were worth.  I DO NOW!  I love them.  They brighten my day.  I end up changing the water, trim, and re-arrange the ones in our house, daily.  Like grooming a pet, I suppose.  I am just now looking through a lot of our wedding photo's and thought I would post some of my favorites of the flower arrangements.

Wreath on the gate in front of the church.  
Roses, spider mums, hydrangeas, and those little green berries I love!


Can't seem them very well.. I couldn't find a close up of the altar flowers.


Hydrangeas marking the family pews.


My bouquet
Gardenias (3rd generation for a gardenia wedding bouquet!), roses, stephanotis


Bridesmaids bouquet
Spider mums, roses, berries, artichokes



Bouquets


I am obsessed...


Reception centerpiece
For the wedding ceremony, we just had ivory and green flowers because the church is so colorful and beautiful, I didn't want to take away from that with flowers.  For the reception we had some pinks and peaches added to the green and ivory mix.



Used the bridesmaids bouquets for some of the centerpieces at the reception.




Those were my favorites.  We had the BEST florists, best in Huntsville.  They were wonderful to work with and SO helpful.  Not sure if they would want me to advertise them on my blog, so if you want their info, leave me a comment with your e-mail address!  Now if only I could plant them and have them survive.  For now, I just purchase.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers