Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Antique Finds/All in the family.

Yesterday, Laura and I went to "On a shoestring" in Bluff Park and my favorite "Antiques & Consignments" in the old Ethan Allen building on 31.  Here is what I bought! I spent less than $20.

I found this at the first stop.  My mom has a vase similar to this and I just really think colored glass is different and fun.  I have cleaned it up a little (found a lovely dead wasp in it) now it is ready to go through the dishwasher.  I found it in the caboose at "On a shoestring," where everything is 50% off, so this was $2.50.


I'm keeping it all in the family I suppose!  This is an old trivet, my grandmother has a painting with this little prayer and I always loved it.  Laura bought one similar but it has bright umbrellas on it, it is super cute.




This was my favorite find of the day.  It an original rendering of a glass company here in Birmingham.  It doesn't have the date on it, but it is in the original frame.  My sister-in-law reminded me yesterday that Drew's grandparents on his mothers side owned and ran a glass company in Georgia.  So each piece I got yesterday has a significance with a family member!  

I love the muted colors and the old cars.


Got to LOVE the architectural handwriting, no CAD back then!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers