Friday, April 23, 2010

Sweeties.

Book stand update:  All I have to say is that I better love this thing...  After I bought all the things to strip and sand the shelf, I had to get it professionally stripped/dipped after I spent about 10 hours trying to do it myself.  That cost $45.  I picked it up yesterday and they did a pretty good job.  Got probably 98% of the paint off.  I went to Home Depot and bought some American Walnut stain, spent 3 hours staining yesterday.  Polyurethaned it once last night, I'll put another coat on this morning and I can bring it inside Saturday! YAY.  It's a little darker than I wanted but I kept going over it and over it because there were some weird spots...

ANYWAY some sweets for the weekend whether you are look for a dessert or a breakfast extra!

Peach Honey Spread

In a bowl,
Add 1 sliced peach
2 Tablespoons honey
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon

Mash with a form until the mixture is the consistency of chunky applesauce.  Serve as a topping for pancakes or French toast, or serve it over roast chicken or pork. YUM

Frozen Ice Cream Dessert

1 pound packaged oreo cookies
1/2 Cup melted butter

Mix and put in bottom of 9 x 13 inch dish and chill.

Filling:
1 large can of carnation milk
1 Cup sugar
1/2 Cup butter
2 squares melted semi-sweet chocolate

Put ingredients in sauce pan, cook and boil 10-15 minutes until thick (watch the mixture, so it doesn't burn)

Put 1/2 gallon softened ice cream on the crumbs in dish and freeze.  Put cooled chocolate mixture over ice cream.  When frozen put 2 cups whipped cream over top and sprinkle with chocolate or nuts!

Hope everyone has a sweet, wonderful, safe weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers