Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Book(something)

Not really sure what to call this:

But I am going to start sanding it tomorrow.  At some point this week, strip the paint and re-stain or paint it.  I know it had to been painted/"antiqued" recently because of the section of the store I bought it in. (Everything was painted white or this blue color).  So hopefully it won't require too much elbow grease.

I hope that soon the finish will look similar to these book shelves:

To stain or not to stain?



Very similar, huh?  I must like it!



Paint Black?




Paint green, to match my "Keep Calm and Carry on" poster?
Def. not painting it white...





I guess it depends on what the wood looks like and how good of shape it is in before I can determine whether to stain or paint.  All I know is that the blue has GOT to go.  Been meaning to do it since I got the piece.  Now that I will be in town the next 2 consecutive weeks, I think I can finally start it!

As I was researching, found this FABULOUS book shelf. I'm LOVING it.





Praying this project doesn't end like this:







No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers