Thursday, April 15, 2010

Brownie Bottles

Last night and tonight I am bringing dinner to families that just had babies.  So yesterday morning I thought I would try and make a creative dessert for both families.  I started with brownie mix.  I added an extra egg to both batters to make it "cakier" and easier to cut.



I let them cool, then flipped them out on parchment paper.  Cut with my new cookie cutter that is in the shape of a baby bottle.






I made my home made buttercream vanilla icing and iced them.


Then put some blue food coloring in the remainder of the icing.  To put the babies monograms on the bottles!


Not my cleanest baking job or best looking.  But it is the thought that counts right?



Update on my book shelf:  It's a disaster.  Sanded for about an hour yesterday and scrubbed with more chemicals.  It's looking better but I don't have much HOPE!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers