Friday, May 7, 2010

Strawberry Icing

All of D$'s family is coming over tonight after dinner out to celebrate mother's day.  Unfortunately, I don't get the opportunity to see my sweet mom for mother's day, but I am trying to make the best of it!  SO I have a PINK theme!! All the gifts are wrapped in pink, flowers are pink, cake is pink, pink napkins.  I may have gone overboard, but I am trying to do something nice!  I went to the grocery yesterday in a panic because that is when I found out I was having everyone over TONIGHT...  I didn't feel like putting myself through making a home made cake, so I was going to buy a box of strawberry cake mix and make home made strawberry icing.  Well this is the 2nd time I have been to Publix and they didn't have that cake mix!  So I bought white cake and put a little pink food coloring in the mix.  I am making this yummy sounding icing for the cake.  Hope it is as delish as it sounds!

Hope every mother had a wonderful Mother's Day!

I love you mom, wish I could be with you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers