Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Crazy!

May is a CRAZY month. 4 Weddings in less than 3 weeks and a beach trip that hopefully the oil spill won't ruin!  So forgive me if I don't post every day, hopefully I can get 1 post a week!

I have redone the back porch/tiny plot of land.  Every time anyone comes over instead of going to the cutely decorated front porch that is an actually front porch, everyone goes to the back!  There were no chairs, no greenery, no nothin!  So now we have cute chairs, plants, new door mat.  Now I just have to find a little table to put in between the chairs.  I'll post pics soon. I haven't been able to take any due to the rain yesterday.

My cake that I made for mother's day was delish if I can say so myself.  That is a really good icing recipe.  I saw a tip that Ina Garten  (from Food Network's Barefoot Contessa) uses on her cakes.  She takes a cup of hot water and dips her icing knife and flicks the excess water off and smoothes the icing.  Wish I had known that trick before!  But I am sure I will use it again!

Here is a pic from our friend's 80's skating party from this past weekend of D$ and myself.  We had a ridiculously busy weekend and that was only the beginning for May!



Hope everyone is having a great week and hopefully I can get another post in on here soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers