Thursday, January 15, 2009

Furniture I long for.

I have promised myself, that one day I will own a Womb Chair, designed by Eero Saarinen in 1948.  I took this picture in the KNOLL showroom at the Merchandise Mall in Chicago last year.  When you sit in it, the chair hugs your body.  Hence, the name.
.
There is nothing that I dislike in this photo.  Everything is clean, crisp, white; besides the yellow chairs.  I took this picture in the Herman Miller showroom in Chicago last year.  It is the perfect little conversation area.  I just love how CLEAN it looks.  I hate clutter!
This bed...  It can be found at Z Gallerie.  P.S. they are having a HUGE sale right now...  I love how it is modern/traditional.  I am a BIG fan of all things modern, but this is just the right amount of both.  Comfortable enough to sit up in bed also I have always dreamed of having an almost all white bedroom.  (Next blog, my dream bedroom)

I call it a SUN burst.  You will hear people call them Star Bursts and Sun Bursts.  Whatever... I'm obsessed.  Drew's mother and I went shopping together to find pieces for his house a year and a half ago and we found a SUN burst.  I have never been SO obsessed with a decorative mirror, in my life;  I have threatened to steal it from his house.  I found this one online, I don't remember where.  They are everywhere online.  A lot of stores have them these days, but some are too chunky for my taste.  This one = perfection.

1 comment:

  1. you need to just bite the bullet and get one...or better yet, make one! i saw a show, maybe trading spaces or something, where they took a simple round mirror and some spray painted thin wooden dowels and glued them all around the back of the mirror! i think it would look just as good, plus they added small mirrored circles around the dowels randomly to make it look kinda modern/spacy. you could tot. do it. this is laura btw

    ReplyDelete

Followers