Friday, July 16, 2010

Recipe Friday, snacks.

I know it has been forever.  I haven't really had anything to post about and no exciting ideas!  But I would like to share 2 really easy, completely opposite, yummy snack recipes.

#1 Fresh Salsa compliments of Ms. Paula Dean (She calls it Salsa on the fly!)

3 Large ripe tomatoes diced
1 small onion, chopped (yellow or white, I use yellow)
1 small green bell pepper (seeds and veins removed) minced
1/2 Cup chopped green chilies, with juice (4 oz. can)
1 clove garlic, minced
2 Tablespoons red wine vinegar
1 Tablespoon olive oil
salt

And when I saw her make this on TV she added 1 avocado, diced

It is delish.  I serve it with tortilla chips or on top of some tacos.  You have to know it is good since I recommend it because I am a salsa, pico de gallo connoisseur.

#2 Sweet Grapes

1 bag of green grapes
Wash in bowl , drain the grapes but make sure they are still wet, do not dry them off.
Pour 1 packet of Sugar-Free Fat-Free strawberry jello powder over the grapes and toss.
They look like they have red powder on them.  They are so good and a really healthy, sweet, easy snack.  It would be perfect for a Halloween Party too because they kind of look like eye balls! HA 

Hope everyone has a fabulous weekend. Stay cool!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers